- Perform routine daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly electrical systems maintenance tasks in line with the planned preventative maintenance schedule.
- Be responsible for site electrical tools.
- Troubleshoot and replacement of faulty, dead bulbs and switches.
- Troubleshoot electrical faults (open circuit, short circuit, partial contact) in an electrical circuit.
- Troubleshoot faults on electrical motors, pumps. Report and give recommendations on repair/replacements.
- Troubleshoot and solve electrical faults in control panels for water treatment plants (WTP), sewage treatment plants (STP), and fire hydrant pump panels.
- Carry out minor electrical installations on sites.
- Responsible for the control of common area lights (where necessary).
- Work with the plumbers (site and mobile) in the plumbing system on the site. • Take charge of operating the generator where the generator attendant is not available.
- Record generator running hours and keep generator checklist up to date. Note service dates for the generator.
- Take record of daily public power supply.
- Report to your supervisor on a regular basis regarding workload, quality of workmanship, and key issues or challenges.
- Ensure that all works are carried out in line with company HSE policies. Principal Accountabilities/ Key Result Areas:
- Be familiar with the critical infrastructure systems including, high and low voltage networks, fire alarms, generators, UPS, lighting and access control systems, etc. of the building.
- Establish to an educated level the layout of all electrical and mechanical plant rooms and secondary distribution points.
- Develop a clear understanding of the design and operating principal of all electrical and related building services plant and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills Experience, and Competencies:
Appropriate electrical qualification; Technical School, OND, HND.
Minimum 3 to 5 years post qualification experience within the maintenance services market sector preferably in a commercial or large residential environment Core.
- Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams
- Basic knowledge of the principle of the operation of air conditioner and refrigerator
- Basic knowledge of firefighting and prevention activities.
- Basic knowledge of safety.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English.