To provide air-conditioning and mechanical engineering expertise to ensure a safe working environment for our clients/occupants within their premises. Provide air-conditioning and mechanical advice to resolve any work related issues which affect the working conditions of the client’s property. To ensure that all air-conditioning and mechanical systems are working at their optimal capacity
Will report to the Facility Coordinator or Technical Coordinator.
Principal Accountabilities/ Key Result Areas:
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the AC/Mechanical infrastructure within your area of operation.
• Develop a clear understanding of the design and operating principal of all air-conditioning and mechanical related plant and equipment
• Develop a clear understanding of the company’s Engineering procedures and processes.
• Assist with weekly workload planning schedules with your team supervisor which will include proactive tasks
• Perform routine daily, weekly, monthly, yearly air-conditioning and mechanical systems maintenance tasks in line with the planned preventative maintenance schedule.
• Respond in a professional and appropriate manner to all air-conditioning, mechanical and associated reactive work requests i.e. fault finding and rectification jobs.
• Implement as requested modifications to the air-conditioning and mechanical systems.
• Undertake air-conditioning and mechanical system training to develop site specific skills.
• Report to your supervisor on a regular basis regarding workload, quality of workmanship and key issues or challenges.
• Develop an extensive understanding of the methods of work associated with the air-conditioning and mechanical plant and give advice on enhancing the performance of any equipment.
• Ensure that all works are carried out in line with company HSE policies.
• Implement the company’s customer service policy to ensure excellent customer service.
• Take ownership and responsibility to rectify all air-conditioning and mechanical associated works to a level that meets the company’s expectation and maintenance philosophy.
• Communicate in a professional and timely manner in all dealings with the public, client and internally with the company management and help desk etc.
Knowledge, Skills Experience and Competencies:
• Appropriate electrical qualification; Technical School, OND, HND.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years post qualification experience within the maintenance services market sector preferably in a commercial or large residential environment
• Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams
• Basic knowledge of the principle of the operation of air conditioner and refrigerator
• Basic knowledge on firefighting and prevention activities.
• Basic knowledge of safety.
• Be able to communicate effectively in English.