To perform skilled plumbing works involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of water and sewer systems and related fixtures; to inspect and repair backflow preventive devices, and to perform various skilled duties relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Will report to the Facility Coordinator or Technical Coordinator.
• Perform a variety of skilled plumbing duties necessary for the maintenance of facilities.
• Install, maintain and service structured plumbing equipment, including water heaters, water filters, circulating pumps, sinks and restroom facilities as required.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose problems related to drains, pipes and related plumbing conducts.
• Clear drains and obstructions in water and sewer systems and related fixtures; work from drawings, diagrams and sketches.
• Install service and repair gas piping, gas safety devices and perform related tests as required.
• Assist in re-stocking of needed parts and materials; submit orders for parts as needed.
• Estimate time, materials and equipment required for assigned jobs; maintain records of work performed and parts used.
Knowledge, Skills Experience and Competencies:
• OND, Trade tests and any appropriate training in plumbing and fittings.
• Minimum of 2 years.
• Knowledge of guideline notes and codes of practice for use of access equipment like ladders, step ladders, tower scaffolds etc.
• Knowledge of specialized tools and methods used in plumbing repair and related maintenance work.
• Preventive maintenance techniques including use, repair and inspections.
• Principles and procedures for record keeping.
• Operational characteristics of tools and equipment used in plumbing.
• Principles and practices used in plumbing work.
• Practices involving health, safety and environment involved in plumbing assignments.
• Basic knowledge of workplace safety including PPE use and reactions to emergencies and accidents.
• Ability to identify and safely use hand and power tools including measuring tools, leveling tools, wrenches, pliers, hammers, screwdrivers, vices, pipe cutters, drills etc.
• Minimum requirement is to understand and have the ability to communicate in English.
• Technical expertise in addition to experience in planning of work load.
• Ownership and dedication to the goals of the maintenance team.
• Communication / interpersonal skills and customer relationship building skills.